It's been a over a year since I have participated in Restaurant Week but this year I made sure to make it count by going to 2 restaurants. Friday night I went to Agora with a few friends. We had made reservations a couple weeks in advance and it was good we did, the place was packed.
What better way to start off your meal then with a Turkish Beer. Typical light beer.
I loved their restaurant week menu because it really showcased their actual menu, making me want to come back. Photos and the descriptions are Top Left-Right, then Bottom Left-Right.
1. Pita with Olive oil and some sort of Tapenade. Served free with your meal. I normally don't like this type of bread/pita but Agora's was warm, soft and fluffy. I hate olives so I didn't eat the tapenade, but the girls said it was good. (Top Left)
2. Htipitiroasted red peppers, feta, thyme, olive oil. A winner if you like red pepper, I am not a huge fan so it wasn't my favorite. (Top Right)
3. Cacikistrained yogurt, cucumber, dill, vinegar, garlic, olive oil. I LOVE yogurt sauces, and this one was a winner in my book. (Bottom Left)
1. Iman Bayildi stuffed eggplant with onions, tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic. Very good. Not exactly "stuffed" but delicious non-the less.
2. Kalesauteed with onions, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, pinenuts, Maras pepper. Delicious. Great dish for those who are wary of Kale.
3. Kasik Saladdiced tomatoes, onions, parsley, cucumber, feta cheese, black olive, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Maras Pepper. Delicious. Reminds me of the Lebanese Fattoush salad with a few changes.
1. Kibbehground beef and bulgur dumpling, stuffed with ground beef, lamb, almonds, pine nuts over yogurt sauce. I love kibbeh but sadly I wasn't a fan of this version It was sweeter then most of the variations I had. We asked the server what was in it and he said it was cinnamon and some other spice.
2. Chef's Borek crispy phyllo roll filled with goat cheese, savory and Maras with tomato marmalade. Loved this. Very original. Very good combination of sweet and savory. The sweet tomatoes paired with the goat cheese roll were perfect together.
3. Bruskel Lahanafried brussel sprouts with white truffle creme fraiche, urfa pepper. The sauce was delicious and the brussels we equally yummy. Loved both separate but as a pair the brussels didn't compliment the sauce, it was just a way for me to get the sauce in my mouth.
1. Branzinogrilled branzino served with olive bread and lemon. Wasn't that flavorful of a dish but the fish was cooked well.
2. Adena Kebapskewered ground lamb and beef, grilled tomato, sumac, onions, pita bread. C liked this and while I thought it was good, it was a little too salty for me.
3. Shish Tavokmarinated grilled chicken breast with grilled tomato and pepper on garlic pita. Good, chicken was cooked perfectly. Wish there was sauce or a little more to it.
1. Kadayif layered shredded kadayif disks with vanilla milk pudding topped with orange blossom honey and pistachios. A little too sweet for my taste but still good.
2. Baklava of some sort. Decent, not my favorite version of this treat.
Overall service was good and food was delicious. Meals like this could almost make me think I could survive being a vegetarian. I will be back Agora, very soon.