Thursday, November 8, 2012
Simple Arrabbiata Pasta : Tomato, Garlic & Red Pepper with Pasta
Which means spicy when it comes to food/pasta
at least that is what I feel it means
This sauce is my simple interpretation on the well-known
Most of the ingredients needed for my version are
red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, pepper and pasta. In fact the only thing I needed to buy for this was a pint of tomatoes.
arrabbiata is more saucy, but since I was trying to cut costs/ingredients, keep the flavor and still incorporate fresh ingredients into this dish this is what I came up with.
Let me tell you this dish was spot on-super flavorful. I have made it
three times since the original creation, and good news, the leftovers taste great
(this was my lunch one week!!)
Simple Arrabbiata Pasta
1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed & cut in half
1/2 box Linguine
(or whatever pasta preferred)
2-3 garlic cloves
1/2-1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
(a full Tbsp is pretty spicy)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
optional: Parmesan Cheese for topping
1. Put a pot of salted water on to boil and cook pasta of choice as directed on box.
2. While water is heating up, in a pan over medium-low heat saute garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes for about 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add slice tomatoes, and a couple of sprinkles of S+P and cook for 10-15 minutes until the tomato skins start to wrinkle up *
4. Smash with a potato smasher (or a spatula-I don't own a smasher)
5. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, divide into bowls, sprinkle with cheese (optional) and enjoy!
*photo of what the tomatoes will look like when the skins start to wrinkle
(taken by my iPhone)
Red Pepper Flakes
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)