Today I am going to share with you a family favorite, 4 generation old, kick-ass recipe that everyone always raves about, Purple Grandma's Pumpkin Bread. I've been eating this for pretty much my entire life and I plan on continuing with the tradition of making it for the holidays.
Purple Grandma's Pumpkin Bread
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup oil (vegetable/canola/etc)
2 2/3 cups sugar
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In one bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
3. In a larger bowl beat the eggs and oil together. Add the sugar and pumpkin and mix together.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with 2/3 cups of water to the wet mixture.
5. Pour into 2 greased bread pans and bake for 45-60 minutes (when a fork comes out clean, it is done)
6. Once cooled you can take out of the pan and wrap in saran wrap/foil and store in a room temperature environment.
- I suggest making this a day in advance, the flavors really come together after sitting out for 24 hours.