I have about a million cooking magazines with recipes marked that I need to try. Like 3 years worth. I'm on a roll though, last week Carrie and I made 2 different magazine recipes ...so this recipe makes 3 in one week!
This recipe is super easy to make, really flavor and just awesome overall. If you are looking to impress with a pasta dinner or get some extra nutrients in your system (Kale) then this is the recipe for you!
This was the first time I've had Kale and it was pretty tasty. It seems to be all the rage in healthy eating right now.
When you look at the ingredients, I state I used 1/2 of a 16oz bag of Kale, I would have used the entire bag, but I have a really small pan so it would have taken forever to wilt. This recipe also makes a ton, I would say serves 5 people, 4 super hungry pasta eaters. It does not reheat well so if you are only making it for a few people/yourself make sure you half the recipe.
Hot Italian Sausage and Kale Pasta
source: Rachel Ray Magazine
1lb (16oz) Sausage
1/2 16oz bag of Kale (feel free to add the entire bag)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
Freshly Ground Pepper
1. Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
2. While pasta is cooking start cooking the sausage/kale mixture.
3. If you buy sausage links, you need to take the wrapping off. Cook sausage on medium-low heat in skillet until browned.
4. Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup cream and simmer until reduced my half (approx 7-10 minutes).
5. Add kale and toss until wilted.
6. Remove from heat and toss sausage/kale mixture with pasta.
7. Put into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and freshly ground pepper.