Thursday, September 27, 2012
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
Last week when Rosie and I were grocery shopping when we stumbled across a new FroYo place called Lava Yogurt so we decided to stop by for dinner (sometimes froyo is necessary for dinner).
Friday, September 21, 2012
I haven't done this in forever and its long overdue. I am also going to get back to doing it weekly.
Without further ado...FRIDAY FINDS..Trader Joes Edition
1. Dolmas (stuffed Grape Leaves). Not bad. I think they are a little bland but they are a good, quick snack.
2. TJ's Baked Snack-O's. Basically a healthy funyon. If you like those you should like these. Some things I prefer full fat and bad for you, and these are it-but it is just a personal unhealthy preference of mine :)3. Ginger Peanut Noodle Salad. I thought this was ok but my mom really liked it. Once again it is a good quick meal fix.
4. Spicy Hummus. This was awesome, one of my new favorite store bought hummus'. It is spicy without being overly so.
Other Friday Finds found here :)
Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!!! If you are from the NOVA/DC area check out Clarendon day tomorrow
Thursday, September 20, 2012
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a big bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon).
3. In a separate bowl cream together sugar and butter. Add in bananas, eggs and chips.
4. Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture until just mixed together. Pour into pans.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffins.6. Let cool in pan for about 10-15 min and then take out and put on wire cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
So there you have it folks! Enjoy :)
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Zoe ordered the Farm House Burger with Cheddar Cheese $6.50. She loved her burger. Just your basic burger with cheese.
We split an order of Sunny's Handcut Fries $3.69 topped with sea salt. They were ok, cousins loved them but I like my fries crispy so I was nit the biggest fan.
Izak ordered the Spike's Sunnyside $6.98 with dairy fresh cheese, Applewood bacon, a farm fresh fried egg on a brioche bun with good stuff sauce. I tried a bite, but I can't handle eggs with runny yolks. The cousin loved it, and I overheard a passerby say that this was the best burger served here.
I ordered the Colletti's Smokehouse $6.98 applewood bacon, sharp vermont cheddar, fried vidalia onion rings with chipotle bbq sauce. This was pretty good but I wish the onions didnt get soggy as quickly and that there was a little more crunch to it.
We ended the meal with 2 Mini Moos $3.95 (kids sized milkshakes aka normal sized ones). One Chocolate, thick wonderful chocolate goodness, definitely one of the best chocolate milkshakes that I have had. The Oreo was good, but I have had better. They have other fun flavors that I would like to try eventually.
Hung outside the Hirshorn Museum for a bit. Me with a dragon because the nerd in me thinks they are awesome and then a sculpture that reminds me of the cartoon Avatar.
Went to the Air and Space Museum and the Botanical Gardens. Love this picture of my cousin, I think with her dress she looks like a fairy :)
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
The helicopter of Marine One was super intense. I have never been around a helicopter landing, and we warned that it was super windy, and it was beyond super windy. Had to hold my dress down so I stayed decent.
Before hand we got breakfast at Cosi, a chain in the DC area. When I interned in DC, we ALWAYS catered from Cosi for our meetings.
Everyone else ordered bagels and were happy with theirs. I personally prefer thicker bagels if consuming with just cream cheese, but as far as using them for sandwiches they are good.