I have found the perfect summer dessert. Well...my friend's mom found it, but as soon as I tried it I knew I had to get the recipe. I have made it several times over the years, and have even made fun variations ( my favorite is strawberry + peach)
source: People Magazine
2 pints strawberries quartered
1 pint blueberries
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 Tbsp melted butter
optional: vanilla ice cream, cool whip
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a bowl combine berries, cornstarch and 1/3 + 2 tsp sugar and let sit for 10 minutes
3. In another bowl mix together 1/2 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt
4. In a third bowl mix together egg, milk, vanilla , butter and then add dry ingredients.
5. Either in a 9x9 pan, 6 8oz ramekins spoon berries in and then put the spoonfuls of the mixture on top
6. Bake 25-35 minutes until tops are golden brown, take out and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
-You can top with ice cream or whip cream, but ice cream is my favorite!
-As you can see in the picture below, my ramekins overflowed some - I used 6 oz ramekins so they were a little small. Whatever I end up putting the cobbler in, I always put a backing sheet under it in case it does overflow.